Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In the beginning...

Writing a book is difficult work. I've found that gathering and brainstorming is easy. But putting thoughts into words and words into sentences and so on is a matter totally different in it's entirety. That's what this blog is for; to promote my book. I want my ideas to be placed here first. I want to see what people think and how they will react. My book will outline how Mormonism and I came to be. It will tell the relationship I personally shared with it, and how I feel about it now. I'm looking for genuine resources. Things that are relatively unbiased (Let's face it. Not a lot of people that write articles can call it "writing with an unbiased opinion". It's an oxymoron to even say "unbiased opinion") and even some that are biased, if they provide good information, for either side.

For those of you looking to this blog for religious comfort, take note. This is not for those who want to find consolation and affirm their own religious belief. This is for those reaching out for something more. I am writing this book for people who need support, like I had, when leaving "the church". And this blog is just a large portion.

I am keeping an open mind to the subject. My research will take some time. And I am looking forward to the path ahead. Keep me well in your thoughts, and maybe you will enjoy the journey with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment